Form 11 PF is a self-declaration form which is to be filled by the employee when he/she joins an organization. This form includes all the complete EPF information regarding the employee and he/she can autosmatically transfer the PF from his previous account to the new one. It is mandatory to fill out this form and the employee needs to mention his previous EPF account in the form.
Earlier the employee had to fill a Form 13 to transfer his PF into his new account, but the new Form 11 PF has the provision of generating an automatic PF transfer request.
What Is the Purpose of EPF Form 11?
EPF Form 11 serves various purposes
- A new employee will continue to receive the benefits of the Employees Provident Fund scheme if he was a member of the scheme earlier. But he will receive a new member ID.
- If the new employee was not a part of the Employees Provident Fund scheme in his previous employment or he is filling out the form for his first employment and his salary is above ₹15,000, then he has the option not to opt for EPF/EPS. The employee would thus be called an excluded employee. The members who are now receiving PF pension or those who have already withdrawn their PF at an earlier date are also considered as excluded employees.
- This form also helps to transfer the amount in the previous PF account to the new account with ease.
An additional benefit of the EPF form is that it helps the Provident Fund Department to maintain a comprehensive database which has all the important information regarding the employees. This database comes handy when there are inspections, cross checks or audits.
Where Can I Get Form 11 Online?
The PF Declaration form 11 can be easily downloaded from the official website of the EPFO.
How to Fill EPF Form 11?
When you will fill the Form 11 PF the below mentioned details would be required from you.
- Employee name
- Employee birth date
- Husband's/Father’s name
- Mobile number
- Employee relationship with the EPS & EPF schemes
- E-mail ID
- Educational details
- Marital status
- Details of previous employment such as the last working day, UAN, certificate number of the scheme
- KYC details like driver’s license details, bank account number etc.
- Passport (purely related to foreign employees)
The employee must also provide these additional documents:
- Employee’s joining date
- Employee UAN
- PF ID number which was allocated to employee
- Verification of employee details
Also provide the details which relate to the previous employer, EPS and EPF participation:
- If you were a part of the employer’s scheme/EPS of 1955
- PF Account number or Previous PF
- Scheme certificate number (if it was issued)
- Last working day of the previous employment (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Pension Payment Order (PPO) number (if issued)
International workers need to provide
- Passport number
- Country of origin
- Passport validity
Go through the declaration form thoroughly and then attest the undertaking. Mention the place and date of signing on the left side of the declaration form.
Declaration by the present employer
The employer (the newly joined organisation) has to take some necessary steps and fill the required details and attest the same. It is also required to yield a declaration which contains the details of the information which was provided by the employee.
The details are:
- Employee joining date
- Member ID of the employee
- Employee UAN
- Verification of the KYC credentials
Documents required for Form 11
The employee needs to provide the following self-attested documents along with the EPF Form 11:
- Bank account number and IFSC
Submission Process of EPF Form 11
Fill out the form and submit the same to the employer. He will sign the form & stamp it in its authorization. The form will then be submitted to regional EPFO.
Responsibilities of the employer:
- One of the major duties of the employer is to get every new employee to fill out the said declaration form i.e. the update EPF Form 11. The employer has to get this form filled within the period of one month and then upload the same information on portal of UAN within a period of 25 days.
- Then the employer has to share the said UAN details generated by the EPFO among all the members of the fund. He has to get this done within a period of 15 days from the receipt of the UAN and get the member’s acknowledgement regarding the same.
- Process the KYC details (Aadhaar, PAN and the details of bank account) of the members within a period of one month of the UAN receipt.
- If the employer does not have an Aadhaar card, then it is the responsibility of the employer to get an Aadhaar Acknowledgement Slip. This has to be submitted within the period of one month of the receipt date of the UAN.
- After the employer has received the Aadhaar information, he has to upload the Aadhaar details on the portal of UAN within a period of fifteen days of receiving the Aadhaar information.
- The details furnished in the claim form should be thoroughly verified by the employer prior to sending it to EPFO. It is the responsibility of the employer to make sure that all the information is present and filled in correctly such as the KYC must be associated with the UAN etc.
EPF Related Important Points for International Workers
Who are international workers?
The terms international workers comprises of these two types of individuals:
- Any Indian employee who is presently working or has worked in the past in some other country with whom India has signed the Social Security Agreement. This agreement provides social security benefits.
- An individual who is not an Indian citizen but is working in India in an organization that is included in the scope of Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act of 1952.
In the earlier times, the international workers who used to work in India were not included in the Employees Provident Fund scheme. But now, every qualified international worker has to be a member of this scheme and contribute to the EPF scheme.
The international workers also need to fill EPF Form 11 during joining. But they have certain extra points to keep in mind.
- A Social Security Agreement has to be signed by the employee. It is a bilateral document which has to be signed to safeguard the social security interests of the workers posted in foreign countries. It provides equality of treatment and helps avoid double coverage. At present, India has signed this Social Security Agreement with countries like Germany, France, Portugal, Switzerland, Denmark and more.
- There are no instructions for the minimum period of stay of the foreigners in India to be eligible for the PF compliance. Every international worker who is eligible must have a registration in the EPF scheme from the job joining date in India.
- The provisions of the PF will be relevant even if the salary is paid to such employees outside of India.
- In a situation of the split payroll, the contribution of the PF will be calculated on the basis of the salary earned by the employee.
- An Indian employee will be able to attain the status of an ‘International worker’ only when he will be employed in a country with which India did sign the Social Security Agreement. The employee will be able to maintain the status till he/she is availing the benefits of a social security program under the SSA.
In a nutshell
We hope that now you are aware of all the facts regarding the PF declaration Form 11, which has to be filled out by all the employees while joining a new organization. It is mandatory for all the employees to fill this declaration form.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
The EPF Form 11 is a self declaration form which is to be filled by the employee when he joins an organization. It is covered under the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) scheme of 1952. This form also provides the facility of automatically transferring the amount in the previous PF account to the new EPF account.
Form 11 PF is used as a declaration which has to be filled by the employee when he joins a new organisation. This declaration is regarding both pension scheme and provident fund. The organisation must come under the Family Pension Scheme and Employees Provident Fund for an employee to fill out the form mandatorily.
Yes, the PF Declaration form 11 must be filled out by all the employees who join a new organization as a declaration for EPS and EPF. This form is filled at the time of joining.