Ranchi Municipal Corporation holds the responsibility for organizing the civic infrastructure & administration of Ranchi, a city in the Jharkhand state of India. Commonly known as RMC, the organization was established in 1979.This civic administrative structure administers an approximate area of 175.12 sq km which has a population of approximately 1,073,427.
The city has 53 wards which are grouped in zones. The mayor is from Bharatiya Janta Party who won in the year 2018.
The present RMC was formed in the year 1979 & the first elections for the corporation were held in the year 1986. The Municipal is further branched into 55 administrative wards which are represented by their respective councillor.
Role of Ranchi Municipal Corporation
- Balancing usage of land and building construction
- Preparation of urban and town plan
- Supply of water to commercial, domestic & industrial segments.
- Fire Aid
- Solid waste management
- Public Health & sanitation
- Preparation for both economic & social development
- Slum upgradation
- Slum development
- Protect & promote environmental aspect
- Poverty Ease in Urban Areas
- Uplifting the weaker section of the society consisting of handicapped & Disabled.
- Initiate facilities like garden, playground, and parks.
- Advertise the cultural & educational aspect.
- Stats consisting of enrollment for birth and death.
- Preventing animals from abuse.
- Burial grounds for cremations
- Public facilities such as parking areas, bus stops, conveniences for travelling purposes and streetlights.
How to Get a Birth Certificate in Ranchi Municipal Corporation?
Birth Certificate acts as legal evidence of every child. It is the first legal document of the newborn. This isn’t just an ordinary piece of paper; but is a proof of your existence.Therefore, the government has made it mandatory to issue the birth certificate of every child.
Therefore, a birth certificate is mandatory for the following reasons:
- For seeking admission in educational institutions
- For claiming social security benefits
- To apply for a Driving License, Passport or PAN.
- To apply for other legal documentation.
Offline Registration of Birth Certificate from RMC
In order to apply for a birth certificate with the RMC, you need to fill an application form which includes various details. The completed form has to be submitted with the RMC within 21 days of birth. The details of the birth will be registered in the state records once all the details have been verified. Some of the information that you will have to provide are as follows:
- Date of birth
- Name of child (to be left blank if baby is not named at the time)
- Name of both parents
- Place of birth
- Delivery method
- Weight of the child
- Hospital details
- Completed declaration form
Online Registration of Birth Certificate from RMC
Step 1:The initial step involves registering with the state portal of Jharkhand.
Step 2: Following steps are needed to be followed if the applicant has already registered for the birth.
Step 3: The applicant is required to enter the user ID & password in the given column.
Step 4: The applicant must enter the required information.
Step 5: After entering all the details, the applicant needs to submit the application to the concerned officer.
Step 6: The authorities do a verification process to recheck the accuracy of all the details/information given by the applicant.
Step 7: The applicant is handed over the certificate, once all the procedures are complete.
Documents required for Birth Certificate registration from RMC
For issuing a birth certificate, the parent or guardian must register the birth of child within 21 days of its occurrence:
- If the child is born at a hospital/dispensary, the registered record is sufficient.
- Address proof (Driving license, Voter ID etc.) of the parents.
- Aadhar card of Parents.
- If the child is born at a house, the applicant must visit the Municipal Corporation of Ranchi & inform in writing. Furthermore, verification will be done and then the birth certificate will be issued. The application is to be written in the following format:
- Parent’s name
- DOB of the baby
- Location of the house
- Hospital discharge certificate or Certificate from the doctor.
- In a possible scenario of a delay in registration, it is required to issue an affidavit from the judicial magistrate providing information about the date & place of birth, parent’s name, and proof of the birth’s event.
How to Get a Death Certificate in Ranchi Municipal Corporation?
A Death Certificate is an official piece of document issued by the nation’s government which states the time, place, cause of death & some other personal information about the deceased individual. Death Certificate plays an integral role in legal purposes, it acts as concrete evidence for the person’s demise.
A death certificate is mandatory for the following reasons:
- Insurance claims
- Property inheritance
- Settling estate issues
- Pension settlements
- Future marriage purposes
Offline Registration of Death Certificate from RMC
Every death occurring in Ranchi has to be registered with Ranchi Municipal Corporation within 21 days of occurrence. An application form duly filled and with all the supporting documents have to be submitted with the concerned state authority. The death will be registered in the state records after all the details have been successfully verified. The following are some of the details to be mentioned in the application form:
- Age of the person
- Name of Father or Husband
- Information about the time and place of death
- Application purpose
- Applicant’s relation with the deceased
- Completed declaration form
Online Registration of Death Certificate from RMC
The following is the procedure for getting a death certificate from the official Ranchi Municipal Corporation online portal:
Step 1: You need to visit the online Birth and Death Registration portal and login using your credentials.
Step 2: Duly fill all the details required for registration and click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
Step 3: Take a print out of your application and submit it to the concerned registrar’s office.
Step 4: After you have successfully submitted the application, you will receive a confirmation on your registered email.
Step 5: You will be updated about the application status on your registered email.
Documents required for Death Certificate registration from RMC
- Application Form
- Birth Proof of deceased that includes your Birth Certificate and SSLC Certificate.
- Ration card copy
- Medical Certificate specifying the reason of Death
- Aadhar Card of both the deceased and the applicant
- Applicants ID Card
- Residential Proof
- Date & Time of the Death
- Death Slip by the Doctor
- Receipt copy from the crematorium or the burial ground.
How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Ranchi Municipal Corporation?
For obtaining a marriage certificate, the applicant has to approach a Registrar's Office in the area they reside. For an already solemnized marriage, the marriage certificate will be provided on the same day as registration. If the application has been submitted before the day of marriage, authorities will then initiate a 30-day period waiting for any objections to the union by the public. The marriage certificate will then be issued on the day of marriage. Let’s look at the procedure for obtaining a marriage certificate in Ranchi.
Apply offline for Marriage Certificate from RMC
The following is the offline procedure for registering any marriage with Ranchi Municipal Corporation:
Step 1: The application needs to be filled with both the husband and wife. Attach all the necessary documents and submit it at the Sub Registrar’s office
Step 2: Once the application has been submitted, the applicant will be asked to visit again on a scheduled date to continue the process
Step 3: Both parties must be present at the office o0n scheduled date, along with a gazette officer who was present at the wedding
Step 4: You need to complete the process by following the instruction of the authority
Step 5: The applicants and the witness then need to sign on the registry to make the marriage official
Apply Online for Marriage Certificate from RMC
Following is the procedure for getting a marriage certificate from the Ranchi Municipal Corporation portal:
Step 1: You need to visit the official portal of the Municipal Corporation.
Step 2: On the homepage you need to click on the ‘Civic Services’ tab
Step 3: On the resulting page, you have to click on the ‘Marriage Registration Certification’ tab
Step 4: This will redirect you to the page with an application form. Enter all the relevant details and upload all the required documents. After completing the application, you need to click on ‘Continue’ to proceed
Step 5: After the application has been submitted, the applicant will receive an email containing a PDF of the same. Take a printout of the PDF.
Step 6: You then need to submit the printout of the application to the Sub Registrar’s office on a previously scheduled date
Step 7: The applicants and witnesses then need to sign on the registry to make the marriage official
Documents Required for Marriage Registration in RMC
The following are some of the documents that are required to obtain a marriage certificate from the Ranchi Municipal Corporation:
- Current address proof which should be registered under either the bride or groom
- 2 Passport size photos
- Copy of identity proof
- Photos of the bride and groom on the day of the wedding, clearly showing the ceremony taking place
- Affidavits in prescribed format from both the parties
- DOB proof for both bride and groom
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Invitation card for the wedding
- An affidavit stating that the marriage is being done with the free will and consent of both the parties
Property Tax for Ranchi Municipal Corporation
Process for Property Tax in RMC
- The Residential Properties and the commercial properties both are very much liable to pay the property tax. Paying the property tax grants you various benefits, few of which are:
- Helps you keep a check on the bill issue.
- In case, the bill has been issued, then they would provide you with all the information along with the amount that needs to be paid under the property tax.
- The property tax is calculated based on the following factors:
- Carpet Area
- Age Factor
- Building Type
- Usage purpose of the property
- Occupancy Factor
- The property tax can be made in both online and offline methods.
- Undervaluing the payment of property tax is usually penalized.
How to Apply for Property Tax Online in RMC?
Steps that you need to follow to pay your property tax online are as follows:
Step1: Go on the official website of the Ranchi Municipal Corporation to pay the property tax online.
Step2: Next, select the ‘Ranchi Municipal Corporation’ from the drop down and select the appropriate authority’s name from the list provided in the menu and tap on the submit button.
Step3: As soon as you click on the submit button, the user will be led to the ‘municipal online property tax’ landing page for payment.
Documents Required for paying Property Tax in RMC
Below are the complete details you would require for the payment of property tax for Ranchi Municipal Corporation:
- Bill with a Unique Number for the particular Property
- Bill for the old or previous property
- The previous unique number through which the payment of the tax was made.
- Name of the Owner
- Address Proof of the property
- Aadhar Card
Eligibility Criteria for the payment of the Property Tax in RMC
- You need to be an Indian Citizen and must be 18 years of age.
- You should be owning a property or a land in the same state in your name.
Fee Structure for Payment of Property Tax in RMC
The amount of the property tax varies from property to property as it is calculated based on your residential area. The property tax calculation of a building is calculated based on the following:
- The location or the area where the property is based.
- Usage of your building, which includes both residential area as well as the non-residential area.
- Area of the building
- The occupancy type which includes both owners based, and tenant based
- The total time span of the life of the building.
You Might Also Like:
FAQ’s about Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC)
What is the Municipal Corporation Ranchi Complaint Contact Number?
The contact number of Ranchi Municipal Corporation is 18003457014.
Who is The Head of the Municipal Corporation of Ranchi?
The current head of Municipal Corporation of Ranchi is Mr. Mukesh Kumar, who is a cadre from the Indian Administrative Services.
What is the Municipal Corporation of Ranchi Office Address?
The Ranchi Municipal Corporation is near Kutchery, Deputy Para, Ahirtoli, Ranchi, Jharkhand 834001.
How to download the water bill for Ranchi?
Downloading your water bill for the region Ranchi is now easy by just following few steps:
-Log onto the official website of Municipal Corporation of Ranchi or Download the App for the same.
-Next, tap on the government's water bill option.
-Now add your site code or the Consumer Number.
-Lastly, tap on Submit and all you will be able to view all the information regarding your water bill on your screen.