Finding a good place to live in Mumbai is not that difficult; finding a good place which does not deplete you financially is like getting a needle in a haystack. Fortunately, Andheri East seems to be the solution for mid-range and premium segment buyers and has developed rapidly over the last few years. Andheri East is one of the more established residential locations in Mumbai and has decent civic and social amenities along with major business hubs nearby. Andheri East is also home to several reputed educational institutions, hospitals and shopping centres.
Social amenities are arguably one of the biggest reasons why families choose particular locations to live in Mumbai (and often a reason for emptying wallets as well) and Andheri East scores big on this count (try arguing with the missus on that one!). What works in favour of the locality is the presence of numerous banks, schools and hospitals nearby along with recreational zones.
There are projects offered by several leading real estate developers including Mahindra Lifespaces, Omkar, Runwal, Ozone, Paranjape Schemes, Kanakia Spaces and the Lodha Group. There are several apartments here which are priced between 56 lakhs and Rs. 5 crore on an average. There are several mid-range, premium and ultra-luxury housing options in the locality.
Connectivity is a breeze in Andheri East
Most homebuyers appreciate seamless connectivity to their workplaces and other major destinations and Andheri East does not disappoint on this count. Here are the key connectivity pointers for the locality:
- Excellent connectivity through the Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) and Western Express Highway (3 kilometres away from the area).
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is only 3 kilometres away from the locality.
- The Andheri railway station is only 2 kilometres away from the neighbourhood.
- Well connected to Technopolis Knowledge Park, MIDC, SEEPZ and Solitaire Corporate Park.
- Mumbai Metro Line 1 is a major connectivity driver for residents. This is the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor and the metro stations are nearby. The line covers 11.4 kilometres across an elevated corridor with 12 stations.
- The area is well connected to Saki Naka and Chandivali along with the National Highway 8.
- Mulund, Powai and Vikhroli are accessible through the Western Express Highway.
- SEAR elevated road enables direct access between the T2 Terminal of the Airport and the Western Express Highway from here.
- Commercial hubs like Lower Parel and BKC (Bandra-Kurla Complex) are also well connected to Andheri East.
Andheri East has changed into a buzzing industrial cum corporate hotspot and the entire Andheri-Malad belt has evolved into a flourishing commercial zone with several office buildings and hospitality projects coming up here.
Top companies in Andheri East
There are several established companies operating out of Andheri East or nearby localities. Some of them include the following:
- Navbharat Motor Manufacturing Company
- The United Engineering Company
- Bisleri International Private Limited
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals
- United India Insurance Company
- Aviva Life Insurance Company
- Larsen & Toubro
- The Walt Disney (India)
- Frost & Sullivan
- Grindwell Norton Limited
- Ricoh India
- Liases Foras
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Tata Chemicals
- Nucsoft Limited
- Madison Media
- Noritsu India Private Limited
Social infrastructure in Andheri East
One area where Andheri East trumps several other peers is social amenities. And let’s face it; what’s daily life without some recreation and leisure? Life gets truly boring if you don’t have everything you need within arm’s length (well, not literally!).
- Dominic Savio High School
- Tolani College of Commerce
- Holy Family School
- Xavier’s High School
- Shri Chinai College of Commerce & Economics
- Bombay Cambridge International School
- Narayana e-Techno School
- Divine Child High School
- D. Hinduja College of Nursing
- Seven Hills Hospital
- Holy Spirit Hospital
- Mukund Hospital
- Paramount General Hospital & ICU
- Shakuntala Memorial Hospital
- Nakshatra Hospital
- Hilton Mumbai International Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Radisson Hotel
- The Regale by Tunga
- Infiniti Mall
- Phoenix Market City
- Prime Mall
- R City Mall
- Oberoi Mall
- Gajalee Restaurant
- Blue’s Kitchen
- China Gate
- Persian Darbar
- Caravan Serai
- Somethings Fishy
- Barbeque Nation
- Red Box Café
- Tap Resto Bar
- Kitty Su
- Pharaoh Pub
- Ark 2.0
- Rodeo Drive
- The Stables
- British Brewing Company
- Beryl Club
- Six Degrees
- Café Mojo
- Bliss- The Resto Bar
Why should you buy property in Andheri East?
If the above reasons haven’t convinced you yet, do take the test to prove you aren’t’ a robot (Just kidding!). Andheri East is worth consideration for its balanced property rates, premium housing options, great connectivity, fast-growing commercial and business hubs and of course, the excellent social infrastructure that you get easy access to, making you the envy of your friends and colleagues!