Every real estate buyer in the state of Andhra Pradesh is mandated to pay stamp duty for the purchase of immovable properties such as plot, land, flat, or a commercial building. The responsibility of collecting stamp duty and registering the property document lies with the Andhra Pradesh Property & Land Registration Department. Both the buyer and seller of a property should visit the nearby sub-registrar's office along with two witnesses and record the transaction through registration.
The IGRS portal has been developed by the Registration and Stamps Department of the State of Andhra Pradesh to make part of the registration process online that will help the buyer make stamp duty payment, verification, and submission of required documents sitting from their home. This facility is available in most cities like Visakhapatnam, Vizag, Vijayawada, and so on. We will discuss the online process of Property Registration in Andhra Pradesh and also the other facilities made available in the IGRS online platform, further in the article.
How to search for an Encumbrance Certificate online in Andhra Pradesh?
An Encumbrance Certificate (EC) is a legal document of assurance that a concerned property or land is free of legal or financial liability, such as a loan or a mortgage of any kind. EC is a mandatory document needed for property transactions and used as primary evidence for title or ownership. An applicant in Andhra Pradesh can easily download the Encumbrance Certificate (EC) from the IGRS portal by following the below steps.
1. Visit the IGRS web portal of the Registration and Stamps Department of the State of Andhra Pradesh
2. Go to the services section and tap on 'Encumbrance Search.'
3. You will be redirected to a fresh web page
4. Read the disclaimer and instructions carefully and then click ‘submit
5. Again, you will be redirected to a new ‘Search for Encumbrance’ page
6. Enter the following parameters from the dropdown menu
7. Document number or Memo number and Year of Registration
8. House number or apartment name situated in city/town/ village
9. Survey number in a revenue village (sometimes described by plot number)
It is compulsory to select the district and sub-registrar’s office under each option
Some of the hints provided for easy search are,
• Document no. is self-explanatory
• Memo no. is the document no. of the memo received after registering SRO
• ‘None’ option is used to enter the schedule of the property without the use of Document no or Memo no
• Put the Captcha code and then click on 'submit.'
•. The Encumbrance Certificate will be displayed on your computer screen.
To download 'Encumbrance Certificate,' follow the below steps,
1. Visit the IGRS web portal of the Registration and Stamps Department of the State of Andhra Pradesh
2. Under the 'New Initiatives' section, click on 'Online EC.'
3. Enter ‘User ID’, ‘Password’, and ‘Captcha Code’. (For the first time, use ‘Click here’ besides ‘Not a member?’ and register to get user credentials)
4. Click 'submit.'
5. On the next page, click on 'Encumbrance.'
6. Enter ‘Document No’, ‘Registration Year’, and ‘SRO name/ Code’
7. Submit and click on 'Next. Click on 'Signed Certificate' or 'Un-Signed Certificate.'
8. ‘Encumbrance Certificate’ details will be displayed. Click ‘Select all’ on the right-side corner and then click on ‘submit
9. You can take a print or download the EC copy.
The charges applicable for issuing ‘Encumbrance Certificate’ in Andhra Pradesh are:
• For Conducting search and issue of EC up to 30 years, the charges applicable are Rs. 200 per EC
• For Conducting search and issue of EC above 30 years, the charges applicable are Rs. 500 per EC
Different types of Encumbrance Certificate (EC)
There are two types of Encumbrance Certificate (EC)
A note on Stamp Duty and Registration charges in Andhra Pradesh
The prescribed fees for property registration in Andhra Pradesh under Section 78 of the Indian Registration Act, 1908 are listed below.
|SL NO||Description of instrument/DOCUMENT||Registration Fee|
|1||Sale deed||0.5 %|
|2||Gift||0.5 % (Subject to a min of Rs.1000/- and max of Rs.10,000/-)|
|3||Settlement||0.5% (subject to a min of Rs.1000/- and max of Rs.10,000/|
|5||Agreement of Sale cum General Power of Attorney||Rs.2000/-|
|6||General Power of Attorney cum Development Agreement||0.5 % (Subject to a max of Rs.20,000/-)|
|7||Release||0.5% (subject to a min of Rs.1,000/-and max of Rs.10,000/|
|8||Power of Attorney in the case of Consideration||0.5% (subject to a min of Rs.1,000/-and max of Rs.20,000/|
|9||Power of attorney given to sell, transfer, construct and develop an immovable property.||0.5% (subject to a min of Rs.1,000/-and max of Rs.20,000/|
|10||Agreement to sell, transfer, construct and develop an immovable property||0.5% (subject to a min of Rs.1,000/-and max of Rs.20,000|
|11||Certificate of sale||0.5%|
|SL No||Description of instrument/DOCUMENT||Registration Fee|
|4||Deposit of Title Deeds||0.1% (Subject to a max of Rs.10,000/-)|
|5||Release of Deposit in the case of Title Deeds||Rs 1000|
Charges on Stamp Duty in Andhra Pradesh
|SL No||Type of transaction||Stamp duty charges|
|1||Sale deed of immovable property||5%|
|2||Agreement of sale deed||5%|
|6||Agreement of sale-cum-GPA||6%|
|8||Lease deed agreements of less than 10 years||0.4%|
|9||Lease deed agreements of more than 10 years but less than 20 years||0.6%|
The process of checking the market value in Andhra Pradesh
The applicants can check market value (basic rates) for Agricultural and Non-Agricultural properties from the official IGRS portal of the Andhra Pradesh Registration and Stamps Department portal. Follow the below steps to know the market rates.
- Visit the IGRS web portal of the Registration and Stamps Department of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Under the 'Find' section, click 'Market Value (Basic Rates).'
- A ‘Unit Rate’ section will open with different options
- Choose ‘Non-Agriculture Rates’ or ‘Agriculture Rates’
- Choose the required District, Mandal, Village from the dropdown options
- The results will appear on the screen based on inputs
How to register a property in Andhra Pradesh?
Before going for Property Registration in Andhra Pradesh, please make sure to gather the following documents,
- Passport size photos of both the seller and the buyer
- Valid Photo identification document such as Voter Identity Card, or passport, or Aadhaar card.
- Certified copy of the original old deed of the sale
- A copy of the current property register card issued from the City Survey Department
- A copy of the municipal property tax bill
Please follow the below steps for Property Registration in Andhra Pradesh
- Make sure to possess all the required documents listed above
- We can make use of an online calculator called “Market Value Assistance (Duty & Fee Calculator)” provided in the IGRS portal Registration and Stamps Department of Andhra Pradesh to calculate the market rate, stamp duty fees, registration fees, and user charges applicable on different types of properties like sale, mortgage, gift, etc.
- After getting the information on different charges, visit the nearest sub-registrar’s office with the seller and two witnesses.
- Generate slot booking slip
- Submit the deed at the sub-registrar’s office and sign the document along with 2 witnesses in front of the registrar.
- The payments of different charges can be made to the IGRS portal.
Different types of conveyance deeds in the State of Andhra Pradesh
A conveyance deed is a document wherein the seller transfers all the rights and ownership of the movable or immovable property to a buyer against a valid consideration (usually monetary). The Different types of conveyance deeds in Andhra Pradesh are listed below.
|The purpose for the conveyance deed||Type of Conveyance Deed|
|Partition||Deed of Partition|
|Inheritance (legal heir)||Entries in revenue records and predecessor’s title|
|Mulgeni||permanent lease or Deed of Mulgeni|
How to search details of Property Registration in Andhra Pradesh?
If you are a buyer, there is an option in the IGRS portal to search thedetails of previous Property Registration in Andhra Pradesh that you wish to buy and clarify the authenticity of the seller's documents. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the IGRS web portal of the Registration and Stamps Department in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- In the services section, click on 'List of Transactions.' It will go to the page 'REGISTRATION DETAILS.'
- Enter the registration details by choosing either Layout plots or apartments.
- Enter the district, Document No, Sub-Registrar Office, Registration Year from the dropdowns and click submit to fetch the details
- The results will be shown on your computer screen.
The option of 'Anywhere Registration' in the State of Andhra Pradesh
Property buyers in Andhra Pradesh can get their property registered in any sub-registrar's office in the district where the property is located. This is possible due to Section 28 of the Registration Act, 1908. As per this new directive from the government of Andhra Pradesh, any sub-registrar offices present in the corresponding district will have joint jurisdiction and can register any property present in that district. At present, 'anywhere registration' is implemented across 38 districts of the State.
Latest News on Registration of Property in Andhra Pradesh
- Revenues generated from registration of property in Andhra Pradesh take a nosedive: As per news reports, registration of properties has declined drastically in many districts in the state except some districts like Visakhapatnam and Kurnool. This has impacted the overall state revenue generation, which has dropped to Rs 4,753 crores (April 1, 2020, to March 2, 2021) compared to last year's revenue generation, Rs.4,895 crores. The overall drop is 2.89%.
On the brighter side, some districts registered good growth in revenue collections for a variety of reasons. The districts that have shown upward growth are Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Prakasam, Vizianagaram, Anantapur, and Kurnool. One of the possible reasons for this growth may be the state’s decision to set up an administrative capital in Visakhapatnam.
Distribution of approximately 2.30 lakh property cards under SVAMITVA scheme:
After the completion of the first phase of the SVAMITVA scheme (Survey of villages and mapping with improvised technology in village areas), which aims to provide an integrated property validation for rural India, a total of approximately 2.30lakh property cards are distributed in 23,300 villages across nine states in the country. The nine states include Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
The IGRS web portal of the Registration and Stamps Department, Andhra Pradesh, is a one-stop destination for getting all the related information and online services when it comes to property registration in Andhra Pradesh also for paying the required stamp duty. With computerized database maintenance for property records and registration details, citizens have found it a lot easier to access their property records, giving them confidence in buying or purchasing a property. The Registration and Stamps Department in Andhra Pradesh is continuously working on providing more and more services related to property registration and other activities to reduce the processing time, which will benefit both the citizens and the state government of Andhra Pradesh.
You Might Also Like
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it necessary to register in the sub-registrar’s office to get mutation concerning a property acquired by inheritance?
Not required. Submission of the death certificate of the owner along with details of the property held by him to the concerned officer is enough for mutation.
Is it mandatory to register a will?
It is not mandatory to register a will. It is optional and can be registered if needed.
What is the effect of not registering a property document that is required to be registered?
If a deed of transfer that compulsorily requires registration is not registered, then it will not be admissible as evidence in case of disputes.
Can we use a stamp paper purchased for one purpose to do another transaction?
We cannot use a stamp paper purchased for one purpose to do another transaction. An affidavit executed for one purpose cannot be executed for another purpose as per regulations.
Is there a deduction of stamp duty concerning a sale deed related to property executed in favor of the mortgage of the same property?
Yes. Deduction of stamp duty is available to the extent of duty paid on the mortgage deed.