Through the department of AP stamps and registration, you can avail multiple services without visiting one government office to the other. The department has launched the IGRS AP website through which you can register a property, know its market value, get a certified copy, know about prohibited properties of an area, etc. The Registration and Stamps department AP generates the state revenue by collecting registration charges and stamp duty on any property transaction. With the launch of IGRS in AP, the citizens can access various services which are listed in the article further. Read further to know how you can avail of the listed services of IGRS Andhra Pradesh.
What is IGRS AP?
IGRS is the abbreviation for the inspector general of revenue and stamps whose duty is to collect taxes and charges for generating the revenue for the state. Here are a few highlights of IGRS Andhra Pradesh that you should know:
Key Features of IGRS AP
- For obtaining the EC AP, the department of registration and stamps AP introduced a website called IGRS AP
- You can easily search, obtain, and verify the encumbrance certificate ap by visiting the official portal of igrs ap.
- One can also obtain the ec Andhra Pradesh by visiting the Meeseva centers or sub-registrar’s office where the property has been registered.
- You can search for ec ap online on IGRS AP through the memo numbers or document numbers.
What are the online services of IGRS AP?
- You can check the list of transactions made on a property by using the website of IGRS AP
- You can search for the EC AP on the website
- Calculation of stamp duty and checking of the market value of a property
- Verification of the encumbrance certificate AP
Mandatory Documents to be Registered with IGRS Andhra Pradesh
- The gift deed of an immovable property
- Every non-testamentary document associated with the property
- All the leases associated with an immovable property
- Non-testamentary documents related to the payment of the property
- Non-testamentary document related to the transfer of property
- Documents stating any contract
What are the Registration Charges and Stamp Duty in AP?
Across the states of India, the stamp duty and registration charges are different. In the state of Andhra Pradesh, the current stamp duty is 5% of the overall market value of the property, and the registration charge is 1% of the overall market value of the property. In India, the stamp duty has to be paid for transferring the title of the property to the purchaser’s name. And registration charge is a type of documentation charge which has to be paid for registering an immovable property.
How to Check the Registration Details of a Property on IGRS AP?
- Visit the official website of IGRS Andhra Pradesh, registration.ap.gov.in
- On the homepage, you will see a list of services. Select the option of List of Transactions
- You need to fill in the details like sub-registrar’s office, district name, year of registration, and document number. To check for apartments, you will have to enter the apartment or flat number, the name of the apartment, and also the house number. After entering all the details, you need to click on Submit which will take you to a fresh page with all the details.
How to Perform EC Search on IGRS AP?
It usually happens that the EC search pages suffer downtime because of migration or server errors. In that case, you can visit the Meeseva centers or the sub-registrar’s office to get the encumbrance certificate Andhra Pradesh. And if the servers do not show any error you can follow the following steps to perform the EC search AP:
- Visit the official portal of IGRS AP, registration.ap.gov.in
- On the right-hand side, go to the option of services
- Select the option of Encumbrance Search (EC)
- Enter all the details asked on the page
- Proceed by clicking Submit
- A page stating Search Encumbrance Certificate will open
- You can search for it through memo numbers or year of registration
How to get an Encumbrance Certificate online AP through IGRS?
- Go to the homepage of IGRS AP and click on the option of New Initiatives where you will locate ‘Online EC’
- If you are a first-time user of the portal and do not have a user ID and password, you need to register yourself on the portal. You will have to provide the following details for registration: mobile number, residential address, name, user id, password, adhaar number, and email id. Fill in the captcha to proceed.
- If you are a registered user, you need not perform the second step. You can directly enter the user id and password to get the encumbrance certificate ap online.
What is the process of obtaining a certified copy through IGRS AP?
- Visit the official portal or website of IGRS Andhra Pradesh, registration.ap.gov.in
- Click on the service of Certified Copy.
- You will be required to give details like sub-registrar’s office, name of the district, document number, captcha, and registration number. Click on submit to give in the details. You will have a certified copy after doing this process.
How can the verification of EC be done online?
- Go to the homepage of the official website of IGRS Andhra Pradesh and click on the option 'Services'. Proceed by selecting the option of Verify EC.
- Fill in the department transaction ID and click on Submit to verify the EC.
What is the process of calculating Duty Fees on the IGRS AP portal?
- Visit the link registration.ap.gov.in/APMV_Client/index.jsp for calculating the duty fees of IGRS AP portal.
- From the appearing drop-down menu, you need to select the type of document to get to know and calculate the stamp duty fees. You will see the following list appearing in the drop-down menu:
- Power of Attorney
- Note: Minor Code is the number of transactions associated with the property. For instance, if you choose the document type to be Partition, you will have the option of Partitions and Partitions among family members.
- Proceed by filling in the details of land cost, market value, and structure value. Click on the option of Calculate to get the details of registration charges, stamp duty, and transfer duty.
Process of obtaining market value on the IGRS Andhra Pradesh portal
- When you visit the official website of IGRS AP, on the left-hand side of the page you will locate an option of Market Value (Basic Rates). You need to click on that option to proceed.
- You will be redirected to a fresh page where you will have to choose whether you are looking for agricultural or non-agricultural property rates, following which you will have to enter the name of the district, mandal, and village from the appearing drop-down menu.
- After entering these details, you will have the locality-wise information.
Recent Revisions Done Regarding the Market Value Guidelines on the IGRS AP Portal
It was in July 2021, owing to the setback of the Coronavirus pandemic that the AP stamps and registration department announced under the GO RT number 404, the revision against the market values guideline of the immovable properties till March 31st, 2022 but as per the guidelines it should have been revised by August 1st, 2021. The IGRS AP is all about the objections related to the market values of the immovable properties that occurred in 2020. For submission of an objection, you will have to visit the office of the sub-registrar. But you be one step ahead by downloading the necessary forms online. You only have to visit the igrs ap website and from the drop-down menu select the sub-registrar’s office and district and click on submit to have all the necessary information.
About the Online Land Mutation in the state of Andhra Pradesh
As per the auto-mutation land rights, the department of stamps and registration has objectives of making a transparent system and deliver some relief to the farmers. Earlier for land mutations, the farmers were required to visit the Meeseva centers and tehsildar’s offices. As per the modifications in the Andhra Pradesh Record of Rights in Land and Pattadar Pass Books Act, 1971, the handling of land transfer records will also be the responsibility of the officials of IGRS Andhra Pradesh. One can access this for free on the link meebhoomi.ap.gov.in/SearchAdangal.aspx.
After this, the tehsildar’s attestation and the incorporation of details provided in the revenue records will be done within 30 days, following which an e-passbook will be generated. On a fresh basis, it was the Kankipadu mandal of the Krishna district that took this auto-mutation project in the year 2019. Currently, this facility is extended by the Andhra Pradesh government for all districts.
Details of Ease of Doing Business through IGRS Andhra Pradesh
When you visit the official portal of IGRS Andhra Pradesh, you will locate an option of 'Integrated Property wise Transaction Details'.
You need to click on it proceeding which you will be redirected to a new page. If you want to check the details of rural property, you need to select the option of Rural Property. When you choose this option, a new page will open where you need to enter the details of your district name, Mandal, press submits, survey number, and village. After entering all these details, you will have the related information regarding the property. You can also get them printed if required.
In case you want the details of an urban property, select the option of Urban Property. You will be redirected to a fresh page where you need to enter the assessment number and click on Submit. The new page will have all the details of the urban property. For your information, every information present on the website is updated and people need not visit the government offices to access the same amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
IGRS Andhra Pradesh: New Initiatives - Anywhere Registration
If the sub-registrar’s offices that are under the jurisdiction of the district registrar are cumulated with the district registrar’s office, then all of them are collectively regarded as one sub-district and the appointed sub-registrars then become the joint sub-registrars. It is concurrent jurisdiction for all these sub-registrars and people can easily register a property of a concerned sub-district in any of these joint sub-registrars ’ offices. With the setback of COVID-19, this service has been quite helpful for people to get the ease of registering property in any of the joint sub-registrar’s offices present in their districts. On the IGRS Andhra Pradesh portal, currently, this service is available across 38 registration districts.
Recent News About the IGRS Andhra Pradesh
The launch of new software on IGRS AP for the process of registration
As per news reports, for facilitating a secure and transparent process of stamp duty payment and to avoid the stamp duty scams and fake challan scams, IGRS AP launched software for registration. It was done to keep away any malpractices and manual entry of data. From September 1, 2021, the old system of transactions has been abolished and now all the transactions happen as per the new system.
Contact Information of IGRS AP
If you have any grievance and require any information, you can connect with,
I T E & C Department
Velagapudi, 4th Block, 1st floor
Discover IGRS For Other States
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About IGRS AP
How do I check my EC status online?
Go to the option of Encumbrance certificate on the website and click on EC Status. Enter the captcha and transaction id and click on submit to check the status.
How can I check my property certificate online in Andhra Pradesh?
Click on the online ec option on the homepage of IGRS AP. Click on the option of Click Here and enter the details for registration. Proceed by clicking on Submit.
How can I check my AP Land registration online?
You can follow the steps mentioned above in the article to get the details of AP land registration.
How do I find the owner of a car in AP?
You need to visit the official website of Andhra Pradesh Transport Department.