What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin?
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin was earlier known as Indira Awas Yojana. It is a rural housing scheme by the Government of India. This scheme is a welfare program that was initiated to fulfill the objectives of the “Housing for All” scheme by 2022. It aims to provide a 25-square meter pucca house along with the basic amenities and a hygienic kitchen to the beneficiaries. The houses built will also have certain special features like being disaster-resilient, and low-cost keeping in mind the socio-cultural and geo-climatic factors. The cost of assistance is to be shared at a ratio of 90:10 in the hilly areas and 60:40 in the plain areas by both Central and State governments. The scheme was restructured and launched on 1st April 2016.
The Subsidy Scheme
You can avail of a subsidy on the rates of interest for home loans, with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme.
- The beneficiaries get a loan up to Rs. 70,000 from financial institutions and banks under the PMAYG scheme.
- Beneficiaries under the PMAYG scheme can avail of a 3% house loan subsidy on the interest rate for a loan amount of Rs. 2 lakh maximum.
- Beneficiaries can avail of a loan exceeding an amount of Rs. 2 lakh.
- The tenure can go till 20 years under the PMYAG.
Beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
The beneficiaries under PMAYG can enjoy the features given below:
- The selection is done with the help of the caste census and socio-economic and not based on the BPL list, to find the deserving beneficiaries.
- The unit assistance is shared by both the Central and State government in the hilly and plain areas.
- The Centre gives complete financial assistance to the UT of Ladakh. And the UT of Jammu and Kashmir give financial assistance at 90:10 ration from the State and Central Government.
- The PMYAG beneficiaries give financial assistance till Rs. 12,000 under the Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin for the construction of toilets.
- The beneficiaries receive payments directly to the bank accounts or post offices which are linked to Aadhar under the PMAYG.
The following mentioned eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled for the PMAYG scheme:
- Families residing in Kutcha houses with one or two rooms, or houseless families.
- No male adult between the ages of 19 to 59 years in the household.
- A disabled member in the household.
- Any specially-abled member in the household.
- Not having land and earning from common labor households.
- Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and other minority people belonging families.
- Families who do not have any motorized vehicles, fishing boat or agriculture equipment.
- Kisan Credit Card holding individuals with limit of Rs. 50,000 or more.
- Households with individuals earning Rs. 10,000 or more, or without a government employee.
- Individuals who pay no professional tax, inclusive of income tax.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
People can get in touch with their respective Gram Panchayat or ward to get information regarding the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin. The applicants will have to fill up the PMAY application form. The application form can be collected from the Gram Panchayat. Applicants can take the help of a third party with their consent. The applicant will have to submit a consent document allowing use of his Aadhar number of the applicant. The Gram Sabha forms a list from which the beneficiaries will be selected. The registration process has four sections as per which you will have to provide:
- Personal details.
- Bank account details.
- Convergence details.
- Details from the respective office.
The following documents are required along with the duly filled PMAYG form:
- Aadhar Card.
- Applicant’s bank account details.
- Document of consent (to use the Aadhar on the applicant’s behalf).
- Proof of Income and salary certificate.
- Job card number of MGNREGA-registered beneficiary.
- Swachh Bharat Mission no. of the applicant.
- Ethnic group certificate.
- NOC from the housing society.
- An affidavit that states any member or a family member owns pucca house.
Salient features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
The salient characteristics of PMAYG are as follows:
- Minimum Area- the minimum house area has been increased from 20 sq. m to 25 sq. m under the restructured PMAYG Scheme. It also includes basic facilities like a hygienic kitchen.
- Unit assistance- The unit assistance is increased from Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 1.20 Lakh in plain areas. The amount for hilly areas is increased from Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 1.30 Lakh. The unit assistance is shared between the State and the Central Government. It is shared in plain areas of 60:40 ratio and in hilly areas at a ratio of 90:10.
- Loan facility- The beneficiaries can get a loan of up to Rs. 70,000 under the PMAYG scheme. As per the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Subsidy Scheme 2020 section, individuals can avail of subsidized interest rates.
- Construction- The construction is done keeping in mind the geo-climatic and socio-economic factors. Linked with other Government-backed schemes- The PMAYG is linked with other government-backed schemes like the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Ujjwala Yojana, and Saubhayaga Yojana.
How to Check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2020
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List is released every year on the website of PMAYG. An individual can check the PMAYG in two ways.
The same steps for the two methods are as follows:
- You have to visit the website of PMAYG.
- Click on ‘Stakeholders’ under the menu tab.
- After the drop-down menu is shown, select the ‘IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary’ option.
After following the common steps, you can go about the two methods.
Using Registration number
- Enter registration number when a new webpage opens.
- Then click on the ‘submit’ option to see the list.
Without using registration number
- A new webpage again appears. The following details need to be entered into the new web page like District, State, Block, Scheme Name, Panchayat, Financial Year, and Search by BPL number, Search by name, Account No., Search by sanction order and search by father/husband name.
- Lastly, click on the ‘search’ option to access the list.
How to apply online
The online form of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020 is available on the website of PMAY. The deadline for applying under the PMAY scheme is 31st March 2022. And the deadline for applying under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is 31st March 2021. Only the candidates with Aadhar card can avail of the PMAY scheme.
There are two categories to apply for via the online official website of PMAY. They are-For Slum Dwellers and Benefit under the other 3 Components.
Mentioned below is the step by step process for applying under the Scheme:
Step 1: Visit the official website pmay.gov.in. Select the ‘MIS LOGIN’ option and enter the necessary username, password, and captcha code to log in.
Step 2: Select the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option under the menu tab. After the drop-down menu appears click on the said category. Choose either ‘For Slum Dwellers’ or ‘Benefit under other 3 components’ to proceed to the next page.
Step 3: Then enter the required details like the Aadhar or VID and name as mentioned in Aadhar. Read the ‘consent for Aadhar authentication’ and click on the check.
Step 4: The PMAY application form will appear after the completion of the Aadhar/Virtual ID existence check. You can then enter the required details in the form.
Step 5: After filling the form, read the disclaimer, and enter the Captcha. Then click on ‘Save’.
How to download PMAY application form
- Visit the official website of PMAY to login.
- Select the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option under the drop-down menu tab.
- Then click on ‘Track your Assessment Status’.
- After clicking it, you will get the Track Assessment form.
- Then Select either by name, father’s name, and registered mobile number’ or ‘assessment ID’.
- After that enter the necessary details and click on ‘Submit’.
- Lastly, click on ‘Print’
Important guidelines on filling PMAY form online
- Candidates should check the eligibility criteria of the PMAY scheme before filling up the form.
- Only candidates who have an Aadhar card can apply for the scheme.
- You should keep all the required documents ready like the bank related and income-related details when applying for the scheme.
How to apply offline
- You need to visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) operated by the respective State Government or UT.
- Then collect and fill up the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana form.
- Lastly, submit the form along with the necessary documents at the respective bank or CSC.
If you wish to opt for the offline method, an application fee of Rs. 25 along with GST will be charged.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Subsidy Calculator, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria
1. How to check the PMAYG list 2020?
You can check the PMAYG list 2020 by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of PMAYG.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Stakeholder’ option.
Step 3: Select the ‘IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary’ option from drop-down menu.
To check the list with registration no.:
Step 1: Enter your registration no. on the new webpage.
Step 2: Click on ‘Submit’.
To check list without registration no.:
Step 1: Select the ‘Advanced Search’ option.
Step 2: enter the necessary details and select ‘search’.
2. How to apply for the PMAYG Scheme?
One can apply for PMAYG scheme by collecting the application form from their respective ward/gram Panchayat. Submit the duly filled form with the compulsory documents. A third party help can also be taken with a consent document on behalf of the applicant.
3. Is this scheme for the current home loan borrowers?
Yes, they can submit a request at the respective bank if they have not yet availed of the subsidy. After reviewing the request, the bank will forward it to the National Housing Bank. The National Housing Bank will then disburse the amount of subsidy.
4. Is it possible to check the beneficiary named on the PMAYG?
Yes, it is possible. You can also check the beneficiary details with the help of the BPL number, sanction order, and father or husband’s name.
5. Is there any time limit for the availability of this scheme?
Yes, the scheme is available for a maximum duration of 20 years.
6. Is taking consultation with local Gram Sabha to get approval for this scheme mandatory?
It depends whether there is a Gram Sabha or not in your town or village. If it is present, then you will have to take its consultation. Otherwise, all the work will be carried out by a concerned bank.