Making your home Vastu-compliant is important. Mirror as per Vastu at home, is crucial as it holds tremendous power to captivate the energy flow. Vastu Shastra says that a mirror is an essential decor element, as it brings positive energy to your home. Moreover, Vastu Shastra experts also state that a mirror can stagnate the energy flow in your place.
Properly positioned mirrors welcome growth and prosperity at home. While sucking up the negative energy, it also helps promote good health for the residents. In this article, discover the correct mirror placements at home as per Vastu and the mirror should be in which direction to ensure that you reap its benefits to the fullest.
Benefits of Mirror for Home and Office
The mirror is not just a beautiful addition to your home interior decor, it can also be highly beneficial for correction or improvement of the Vastu of your home, shop, or office.
According to Vastu Shastra, the maximum energy enters the house through the main entrance door. Mirror in front of door Vastu plays dual functions in this case. They attract the positive energy to the space and repel the negative energy. But, the functionality of a mirror depends on two things - the placement of mirrors and the concave or convex nature of the mirror.
Below listed are the benefits of keeping the mirror in-home or office:
- Mirrors help in doubling prosperity and improving health by attracting positive energy. The reflection on the mirror should be either of food, cash, or a beautiful view that can help in doubling it.
- As per Vastu, a mirror attracts good energy.
- At the same time, the mirror absorbs the negative energy from the space.
Mirror in Bedroom Vastu
As per Vastu Shastra, the master bedroom in the home should be located either in the south or the south-west direction as it is dominated by the earth element. The mirror is a water element that is associated with instability in Vastu. So, it is advisable not to place a mirror in the bedroom. It is because the mirror will interfere with the earth element and will lead to chaos.
You should not place a mirror in the bedroom as per Vastu Shastra to instil a good and peaceful environment in the room. But, if you have to keep a mirror in the bedroom attached to the dressing table, make sure it is not facing the bed or reflects the person on the bed.
Vastu suggests that the mirror should either be covered or concealed by the wardrobe or with a cloth when it is not in use. Also, the mirror direction, as per Vastu, should not reflect the entrance of the door.
At the same time, you should avoid designer beds that have mirrors attached to the headboard. It causes restlessness to the occupants. If you add a mirror to the false ceiling, it will be reflecting the bed and floor, which is against the rules of Vastu Shastra.
One should always avoid such arrangements as they can cause stress. Also, avoid placing rusted or broken mirrors in the room. Mirror direction Vastu in the bedroom should be either in the northern or eastern wall of the bedroom.
The ideal mirror direction, as per Vastu, is keeping the dressing table at the side of the bed.
Kids Bedroom Mirror Placement Vastu
Make sure not to place a mirror in front of your kid’s bed in their room. Placing it in the wrong direction can cause restlessness as the mirror bounces the energy around the whole room. Wrong mirror placements can create strange illusions, which, in turn, can eliminate the positivity from the space.
Mirror in Living Room VastuIf the main entrance door opens into the living area of your home, avoid placing mirrors in front of that space. It is because the mirror will reflect the good energy out of the home. However, you can place a Vastu mirror at entrance above a console table to add a welcoming touch to the foyer. Mirror placement as per Vastu on the opposite wall of the window (either on the north or east wall) in the living room will maximize the entrance of positive energy as well as lighting in the afternoon.If the view from your living room window is beautiful, then you can place a mirror opposite it so that it reflects the scenery and replicates it inside your home, creating a positive and blissful aura. If your dining table is in the living room, as per mirror placement Vastu, its position should reflect the dining table symbolizing the doubling of food and wealth. Additionally, the reflection of the whole family on the mirror while having a meal further helps promote prosperity, love, and affection between the members.
Bathroom Mirror Placement Vastu
As per Vastu, a mirror should be placed in a well-lit area in the bathroom. Placing the mirror against the light will make it dark, and you will be unable to see in it. The Vastu mirror placement should either be on the east or northern wall of the bathroom.
Adding a full-length mirror on the door is a good idea but make sure it is affixed carefully. Avoid placing mirrors opposite the toilet as it can increase the flow of negative energy in the home.
Clean the mirror placed above the washbasin regularly as it can easily get stained with marks of water. Keeping the mirror dirty attracts negative energy. Also, avoid sticking anything on the mirror, such as bindis, stickers, etc.
Offices and Shops Mirror Placement as per VastuIf you have a locker for cash in your office or shop, try placing a Vastu mirror in front of it. It will help in attracting wealth and double the prosperity. You can also add a mirror inside the cash locker, as it will directly reflect the cash kept inside.Keep the mirror stain free by cleaning it on a regular basis. The mirror in your office or shop should never reflect a distorted image of the cash locker as it can bring ill effects on your growth and prosperity. Also, mirrors, as per Vastu, should not reflect your work desk as it can lead to a doubling of workload.Mirrors are an important factor for a shop decor, according to the Vastu design. Shops of jewelry, watches, clothes, among others have large mirrors attached to their walls. Ensure proper mirror direction Vastu while designing the shop or adding mirrors in it.Also, if there are extended corners in your shop, do not try to place the mirrors there as the unequal corners will lead to an unequal flow of energy. The mirror direction, as per Vastu, should be in the direction of water elements, which is either north or north east.The placement of mirrors in shops and stores can give the illusion of a large number of customers and products. Also, the mirror direction as per Vastu, in the trial room should either be in the eastern or northern walls of the shops.
Mirror According to Vastu Outside Home
As per Vastu mirror tips, placing the mirror on the outer parts of the home, like your lobby, balcony, etc., can increase the flow of positive energy inside your home. Make sure that the mirror placement reflects the spectacular outside view. A correct mirror position and direction enables abundant light and energy reflection into your space.
Wall Mirror Placement as per Vastu
|Wall Mirror Placement||Tips and Effects|
|Mirror on North Wall||Avoid using square-shaped mirrors.|
|Mirror on East Wall||Avoid using round-shaped mirrors.|
|Mirror on North-East Wall||An ideal direction for placing rectangular or round-shaped mirrors.|
|Mirror on West Wall||An ideal direction for round and square-shaped mirrors.|
|Mirror on South-East Wall||Avoid placing mirrors in this direction of the wall.|
|Mirror on South Wall||Do not place a mirror in this direction of the wall.|
|Mirror on South-West Wall||Placing a mirror in this direction of the wall causes disharmony among the family members.|
Do's and Don'ts of Mirror Placement as per Vastu
- Place mirrors up to four or five feet above the wall or ground.
- The placement of mirrors or other glass showpieces/reflective surfaces should be in the eastern or northern walls.
- All reflective surfaces, like tabletops, televisions should be placed in the southeast corner of the space. If it is possible, keep the reflective surfaces covered when not in use.
- Keep all the reflective surfaces clean all the time. Keep the mirrors stain-free so that anyone can see the reflection clearly.
- Make sure the mirror is not leaning forward when placed against the wall. Hang the mirrors straight against the wall.
- Avoid placing the mirror near the staircase.
- Do not add mirrors to the kitchen. Also, avoid the placement of mirrors that reflects the kitchen area or the gas stove.
- Always add translucent mirrors for windows and doors and not transparent ones.
- Mirror placement is one of the most important factor to be considered while designing study room as per vastu so, keeping a mirror near the study table will negatively affect the concentration.
- Avoid placing two mirrors opposite to each other as it causes negativity in the family. Always keep two mirrors in different rooms or far away from each other.
- Always hang the mirror instead of placing it on the floor or surface.
- Always choose rectangle or square-shaped mirrors over round or oval-shaped mirrors.
- If you have a spectacular view outside the window, place the mirror in a way that reflects the outside view. It will replicate and double the positive energy and beauty of nature inside the space via reflection.
- You can also place a mirror that reflects the dining table. It will eventually symbolize the increase in food and attract wealth to the home.
- For bathroom mirrors, make sure there are enough lights for proper reflection in the mirror.
- Add wooden frames to the mirrors.
- Avoid adding transparent window panes in your home.
- If there is any cut in your home, try to place the mirror in the direction.
- Place reflective decorative items, such as lights, mirrors, clocks, showpieces, etc., only in the northern or eastern walls of the home.
- You can even correct and decorate specific corners of your room with two mirrors. However, ensure they have no distortions between them.
- Keep the reflective items and mirrors clean all the time. Also, make sure that the mirror shows a clean and clear reflection of anyone in front of it.
All About Feng Shui Bagua MirrorsThe Feng Shui Bagua Mirrors have eight trigrams with an octagonal wooden frame. This Chinese amulet is believed to eliminate all the negative and bad energies, evil eye, and bad luck. It is also believed to bring in a positive aura to your home. Feng Shui experts have designed the Bagua mirrors based on the calculations of the number of Kua as well as with the exact date and year of birth, etc. Bagua Mirrors are placed depending on the direction of the building. Baguas have the ability to prevent homes from all kinds of negative energy.
The Shape of Mirror as per Vastu - Concave or Convex?As per the beliefs of the Vastu mirror, the convex mirror is said to reflect back the negative energies which are coming towards your home. It is one of the best and commonly used remedies of Vastu. Hang the convex mirror outside your home and above the entry door. It will help in dispelling the negative energy which is coming towards your home.Feng Shui says that there are different uses of both concave and convex mirrors. While the convex mirror repels, the concave mirror sucks in the negative energy and neutralizes the power.Place the convex mirror in front of the doors or windows of your home to reflect back the negative energy. Convex mirrors promote an endless bounce back of negative energy.Use a concave mirror when you want to neutralize the negative energy which is present or coming towards your home by getting it absorbed in the mirror.A concave mirror is a better choice and most preferred as it takes in the negative energy instead of throwing it back into the other environment and affects those who live in these negative surroundings.
Wrong Mirror Placement Effects
- As southeast is the direction of the fire element, placing a mirror in this direction as per the mirror Vastu will increase the chances of arguments and quarrels.
- Placing mirrors opposite to each other results in volatile negative energy flow in the space.
- Placing the mirror to face north or east reflects away positive energy from entering into the space.
- Mirrors positioned to face the bed lead to health problems for the ones living in that space.
- Placing a mirror at the entry gate of the house reflects back the positive energy and stops it from entering the house.
You May Also Like
|Money Plant and Its Significance in Vastu||How to Improve Vastu for a South-facing Home?|
|Vastu Tips and Ideas For Designing Bathrooms||West Facing House Vastu Plan|
|Vastu for Kitchen||Tips for making your Bedroom Vastu Compatible|
FAQ's About Mirror Vastu
As per Vastu Shastra, you should place mirrors on the northern or eastern walls of a room. This ensures a proper flow of positive energy in the spaceAs per mirror in front of bed Vastu, choose square or rectangle-shaped mirrors for the bedroom, which, when placed, do not reflect the entrance or bed in the room.
Never place a mirror that faces the north or the east wall as it will reflect back the positive energy away from home.
The mirror placement as per Vastu should be in the north, west, or east wall of the bedroom where it cannot reflect the bed and the person on it.
No, a mirror magnifies the energy of the surroundings by disturbing the calmness and peace of the space.