The main idea behind this article is to provide you with an overall idea about the upcoming DDA housing scheme 2020. What kind of schemes can you avail, how can you avail them, how you can apply for them – these are some of the key points that we will touch upon in this article. So, if you are interested in finding out more, this is the article for you!
DDA housing scheme in store for 2020
Every year the Delhi Development Authority comes up with a housing scheme. It targets different groups and offers different kinds of apartments and flats. It had a scheme in place for 2019, and now for 2020 also there is a scheme up for grabs!
So, what is the upcoming DDA housing scheme 2020 offering to you?
If you visit their official website: https://www.ddaonlineflt.in/Default.aspx, you will see that there are four kinds of house schemes that are currently running:
- One for the economically weaker section of the society, where there is a discount of 40% on charges of construction.
- One which is running as a part of the 2019 scheme and is an extension.
- One-bedroom flats or LIG apartments.
- Apartments for war widows or gallantry award winners.
These are the four major schemes that are there in the pipeline which you can try out. The one that you opt for will be decided on what your eligibility criteria are. So, what are the eligibility criteria for this year? Have they changed from last year? Let’s find out:
- To begin with, you have to be 18 years of age and above.
- You will have to be a citizen of India, even if you are not currently residing in the country.
- You will not be eligible if you have any other property to your name in Delhi or nearby designated areas.
- You will have to meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme that you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for LIGs under the DDA flats scheme 2020, then you will have to make sure that you have the income certificate and other documents proving that you are eligible for this scheme.
- The applicant must have a PAN card number and also an income certificate; applicants need to be salaried and employed.
- The rules for the EWS flats in Narela are a little different – the applicant’s salary must not be more than Rs. 3 Lacs per annum and it is also mandatory that the family income is not more than Rs. 10 Lacs per annum.
Once you comply with all these regulations, then only will you be eligible for the process of application. Go through the eligibility criteria of the scheme before heading for registration.
The application process and how it works for DDA Housing schemes
The application process for the next DDA housing scheme 2020 is to be carried out online from their website. You will have to go to their official page, select the option that you are eligible for, from amongst the four outlined above and then proceed with it. To be able to apply, you will have to pay a registration fee, which can be quite a hefty amount. Hence, before applying, you will have to keep the sum ready.
Under the DDA scheme 2020, houses are allotted based on a draw that is conducted. If your name comes up in the draw, after you pass the eligibility criteria then you will be allotted an apartment to your name and then you will have to make the payment accordingly. If an apartment is not allotted against your name in the draw, then you will be returned your registration fee, but it will take some time.
Q1. What is the benefit of the DDA housing scheme?
Ans. These schemes are so designed that when you get a flat allotted to your name, the amount that you will have to pay will be much lesser than the usual market rates. So, if you want to own a property at affordable rates, then this is the go-to option for you.
Q2. Is there a DDA housing scheme 2020 Dwarka?
Ans. There was supposed to be one for Dwarka, consisting only of super HIG and HIG apartments and penthouses. So, if you are looking for a penthouse in Dwarka, then you should give this a shot. However, do remember that the Dwarka properties are only for those who are looking for HIG apartments and the cost is higher than the MIG and LIG ones.
Q3. Is there a deadline for the application process?
Ans. A deadline is generally set for the application and registration process. However, it is best not to bank on the deadlines, because these schemes are a lot in demand. A limited number of forms are made available for registration and hence there is always a rush to fill them out and this process is done on a first cum first serve basis. So, keep a tab on the notifications and get it done as soon as you hear that the application process is on.
Also Read : Housing Board Haryana