The biggest mall in India is situated at Kochi and will truly awe you with its sheer size, plethora of offerings and fabulous ambience.
Wondering which is the biggest mall in India? You got it right! The Lulu International Shopping Mall in Kochi deserves the title and has already created quite a stir ever since it launched in the year 2013. This is truly the biggest such shopping center in India, covering a whopping 1.7 million sq. ft. in pure retail area. Situated at one of the most happening cities in Kerala, namely Kochi, the mall possesses 200+ retail stores spread across 5 floors.
A venture of M.A. Yusuf Ali, a business tycoon based in Dubai, Lulu International Shopping mall comes with several other attractions such as indoor climbing, bowling, ice skating, party hall and an amazing food court along with the multiplex of course. The biggest mall in India has always been in the news since its launch and is one of the largest attractions for tourists in Kerala as well.
Biggest mall in India- Learning more about this mega project
Footfalls usually cross more than 80,000 people on a regular basis at the Lulu International Shopping Mall. The biggest mall in India covers a whopping 17 acres with 6.2 lakh sq. ft. in retail spaces. A convention center and hotel cover 0.35 million sq. ft. as well. It has literally everything you could need, starting from gaming arenas to ice skating, multiplex, family entertainment, restaurants, food courts, beauty parlors, a bowling alley, toy train rides and a lot more.
The cost of building the biggest mall in India is estimated at a whopping Rs. 16 billion or roughly $250 million. M.A. Yusuf Ali is Chairman and Managing Director at the Lulu Group International. The prime location at Edappally Junction is a major plus point, being at the convergence point or junction of National Highways 544 and 66.
Amenities offered at the biggest mall in India
You should know that the biggest mall in India has a never-ending list of amenities/facilities. These include the following:
- Leisure Zone (Indoor climbing wall, 5D Cinema, ice skating rink, 12-lane bowling alley, amusement arcade, party hall, rides)
- Lulu Hypermarket over 2 lakh sq. ft.
- 5,000 sq. ft. for the ice skating rink (largest in South India)
- 71,000 sq. ft. for the PVR Cinemas multiplex with 9 screens
- Lulu Celebrate, Sparky’s, Lulu Connect and Lulu Fashion Store.
- Marks & Spencer and Westside among other top brands.
- Marriott Hotel adjacent to the mall, at a height of 84 meters with a helipad of its own.
- 2,500-seater food court with 22 multi-cuisine kitchens and 5 restaurants.
- 3,500 vehicle capacity in parking space.
- Money exchange centers
- Direct walkway linking the Edappally metro station with the mall
- Huge glass central atrium and translucent roof
- Toy train rides for children throughout the floor
- 12-lane bowling alley, trampoline park and amusement rides
- Automated parking guidance system
- 14 Cafes/Restaurants, 11 dedicated premier restaurants, 12 fast food outlets and 10 outlets for ice cream/chocolates/juice
Store Categories at the biggest mall in India
With the huge number of retail stores, you would do well to divide them into categories for more convenience. Here are the key store categories at the Lulu International Shopping Mall in Kochi.
- Anchor Stores
- Beauty & Wellness
- Denims & Casuals
- Department Store
- Fashion Accessories
- Eye Wear
- Health & Wellness
- Lingerie & Inner Wear
- Kids Wear
- Money Exchange
- Men’s Fashion
- Sports and Performance Wear
- Women’s Fashion
- Unisex Fashion
Other basic amenities at the biggest mall in India
The Lulu Group has built the biggest mall in India to be compliant with all basic measures and guidelines. Here’s taking a look at some of the basic amenities that you can expect here:
- Baby Pram
- Baby Care Room
- Baggage Counter
- Car Calling
- Butler Service
- Customer Lifts
- Children Safety Tags
- Disabled Washroom
- Customer Seating
- Drinking Water
- Drivers Washroom and Lounge
- Electronic Customer Survey
- Helmet Park
- First Aid
- Holidays (Thomas Cook)
- Information Desk
- Lost & Found
- Lulu Forex
- Mall Guides
- Mobile Care/Services- IDEA/Zahra Phones
- Marriott Buggy Service
- Mobile Charging Stations
- Motorized Wheel Chair
- Differently Abled Parking
- Expectant Mother Parking
- Power Bank Chargers
- Differently Abled Rest Room
- Prayer Room
- Dispenser for Sanitary Pads
- Wheel Chairs
- Valet Parking
- Umbrella Park
The biggest mall in India has already completed several years and more than 100 million people have visited it in this duration. 1.5 million vehicles have also entered the mall as per reports. The Lulu Happiness lifestyle magazine, loyalty program based on the app and other initiatives have helped the mall win several accolades over the years. It has set a Guinness World Record while notching up several national and global laurels at the same time.