The implementation of Chhattisgarh RERA brought a safer environment for real estate dealings. With the launch of RERA, it was mandatory for every developer and real estate builder to follow the regulation laid out by the Government of Chhattisgarh. And if the rules are not followed, then heavy fines and penalties will be levied. This act has enhanced the buying and selling of property in Chhattisgarh and has saved the buyers from dealing in prohibited properties.
Firstly, the real estate regulatory authority in Chhattisgarh started by addressing the cases through video calls from May 12th, 2020, because of the lockdown in the country in the lieu of Coronavirus pandemic. This action by the Chhattisgarh RERA would surely increase the efficiency of addressing the issues of the homebuyers. And Chhattisgarh was amongst the first few states to bring into action the Real Estate Act of 2016 by putting forward the Chhattisgarh Real Estate Rules, 2017 in November.
Some key features of RERA Chhattisgarh
Registration of project– Every real estate project is it a commercial one or a residential one, has to be registered with Chhattisgarh RERA. However, there are certain conditions under which the project does not need to be registered with RERA Chhattisgarh. For instance,
- If the project area is not over 500 square meters.
- If the total number of apartments do not exceed eight
- If the builder already has the certificate of completion
The total number of projects registered with CG RERA since 2018 is 1245, and 566 brokers and 831 promoters were registered with RERA. Additionally, CG RERA has ordered the financial institutions to not approve the loans of builders whose projects are not registered with CG RERA.
Updates of a project– CG RERA has made it compulsory for builders to share a quarterly update about the status of the project.
Advance Deposit– As per the regulations set up by RERA, not more than 10% of the total property value can be taken as an advance deposit by the builders, without signing an agreement.
Escrow Account– Every builder should keep 70% of the total deposit given by the buyers for project development in a separate account. This deposit can be used for construction and land purchasing.
Interest on delay in the project– In case, a builder is unable to complete or give possession of a house within the said time mentioned in the agreement, he/she has to pay interest for every month of delay. If the homebuyers want to withdraw his/her purchase, the builder has to return the money along with the interest to the buyer.
Advertisement of the project– The prospectus of a project or the advertisement has to be present on the official website of RERA Chhattisgarh. This ensures that the builder does not keep the buyers away from the mentioned amenities.
Penalization of brokers– If a broker does not register herself/himself with RERA, a fine of ₹10,000 will be charged everyday till the period of default is over. This fine can go upto 5% of the property cost which has been sold with the broker’s registration number.
Jurisdiction– In case a buyer is not satisfied with the decision given by RERA, he/she can file an appeal to the Appellate Tribunal which is under state law. If the decision of the Appellate Tribunal is also not satisfactory, the applicant can move to the state high court.
The Rules and Regulations of RERA under the Real Estate Act
The real estate act presented some rules and regulations which were to be implemented by the builders and developers. These rules are to be strictly flowed by anyone who is planning to develop a real estate project with an area exceeding 500 square meters.
- A builder is only eligible to ask for 10% of the overall property cost as an advance deposit from the buyers or investors.
- The builder should keep aside 70% of the total money in a separate bank account.
- It is mandatory to mention the carpet area and not only the super-built-up area to the buyers and investors.
- In case the project gets delayed, both investors and buyers have the right to get a full refund. If not, then the monthly equated sum will also work.
- The builder should not make any amendments to the project without taking the permission of the buyers.
- Within the 5 years of property purchase. All the issues related to the property must be solved by the builder in 30 days.
- If the buyer suffers any loss because of the property, then he/she is eligible to ask for compensation from the builder or promoter. And the builder will have to pay the compensation.
Circulars presented by the CG RERA
Orders presented by the CG RERA
What are the steps of registering a builder or project on Chhattisgarh RERA?
- Visit the official CG RERA website- rera dot cgstate dot gov dot in . Click on the ‘Registration’ option given on top of the page
- From the appearing dropdown menu select the option of ‘Promoter/Project’ and click on the option of ‘Online Application- Promoter (Saral).’
- A new page will open, and you will have to select one option, either ‘New Promoter’ or ‘Existing Promoter.’ Choose the option of ‘New Promoter’ and click on ‘Continue.’
- A fresh page will open where you need to do 6 things. Fill in the details of the promoter, the name of the members to be added, details of the project, documents, payment details, and fees calculated.
- When all the details are filled in, click on ‘Save and Submit’ to complete the process of registration.
- If you have already registered as a promoter, select the option of ‘Existing Promoter’ and click on ‘Continue.’
- Add the reference number and click on ‘Submit.’
Project Registration and Status Form
What are the steps of registering an agent on RERA Chhattisgarh online?
- Visit the official CG RERA website- rera dot cgstate dot gov dot in
- Click on the ‘Registration’ option given on top of the page
- From the dropdown menu, select the option of ‘Real Estate Agent’ and click on ‘Online Application.’
- A new page will open where you need to fill in the details of payment, personal details, and business details.
- Cross-check every detail and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the process of registration.
Agent Registration and Status Form
Checklist for Project Registration
Checklist for Agent Registration
What the RERA Chhattisgarh fees?
For residential projects
- For the project with an area of upto 1,000 square meters, the fee is ₹5 per square meter.
- For the project with an area of over 1,000 square meters, the fee is ₹10 per square meter.
For commercial project
- For the project with an area of upto 1,000 square meters, the fee is ₹10 per square meter.
- For the project with an area of over 1,000 square meters, the fee is ₹20 per square meter.
For real estate brokers
- The individual charge is ₹10,000
- Renewal Charge is ₹5,000
- Charges are ₹50,000 and Renewal fees is ₹25,000
What is the process of filing a complaint under Chhattisgarh RERA?
- Visit the official website of Chhattisgarh RERA and click on the option of ‘Complaint.’ From the menu, again select the option of ‘Complaint.’
- Fill in the required details and click on ‘Submit’ to file a complaint.
Chhattisgarh RERA Complaint Form
The fees to file a complaint under RERA Chhattisgarh are ₹1,000 for appealing to the adjudication officer or regulatory authority and ₹5,000 for appealing to the Appellate Tribunal.
Check Your RERA States
|RERA Act||Rera Haryana|
|Rera Punjab||Rera Delhi|
|Up Rera||Rera Mp|
|Rera karnataka||Rera Maharashtra|
|Rera Assam||Rera Jharkhand|
RERA Chhattisgarh FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How can I check my RERA registered project in Chhattisgarh?
To check the registered projects, click on the Reports section of the website.
Where is RERA applicable?
RERA is applicable for commercial projects, residential projects, and for plots that are for sale.
What is the full form of RERA?
Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
When was Chhattisgarh RERA formed?
It came into force in 2017, November.
How can I complain to RERA Raipur?
Visit the official website of RERA Raipur and click on the option of ‘Complaint.’ From the menu, again select the option of ‘Complaint.’ Fill in the required details and click on ‘Submit’ to file a complaint.