Bannerghatta has steadily transformed into a major real estate investment hub in Bangalore. There are several reasons behind this development, which can be summed up as follows:
- South Bangalore is an attractive destination for IT and ITeS professionals since leading companies like Honeywell, Accenture, Oracle, HSBC and others are easily accessible on the Bannerghatta Road. Several IT companies and offices are located along the Bannerghatta Road and this has spurred demand in this region.
- The area is home to reputed educational institutions such as the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) and several international schools. There are child daycare facilities, which offers higher convenience for professionals living here.
- There are quite a few leading hospitals located along the Bannerghatta Road and this makes healthcare readily available for South Bangalore residents.
- The area has wide roads and extensive land parcels and this has spurred demand for gated residential communities here.
- Shopping malls are aplenty along the Bannerghatta Road and other shopping hubs include the area near the Jayadeva flyover and other zones like BTM Layout and JP Nagar.
- There are several mosques, temples and churches located at a stone’s throw away from most of the offices and residential enclaves here.
- Although traffic congestion can be witnessed during peak times on the Bannerghatta Road, the entire zone has several flyovers and offers good connectivity to ITPL and Electronics City via buses and other means of transportation where most residents have to go for work. There are special AC buses which make commuting more pleasurable for people traveling to CV Raman Nagar and Whitefield from Bannerghatta for work.
- Bannerghatta has become a major hotspot on the weekends with the Bannerghatta National Park being a major attraction courtesy its weekend safaris along with paintball arenas and quad biking zones located around it.