If there is one city that takes the cake for being the most futuristic and has the potential to be a global city, it’s Gurgaon. Touted to be the next financial capital of India after Mumbai, Gurgaon has attracted business giants, industries and entrepreneurs alike owing to its strategic location and close proximity to the National Capital Region.
Ensconced aptly at the foothills of the Aravallis, Gurgaon has evolved into a world-class city and become an investment magnet for homebuyers and investors too. The city is not called the Millennium City for nothing.
Gurgaon is home to 250+ Fortune 500 companies and has an entrepreneurial culture that can rival any other city in India. The city is the first choice for high-end corporate offices owing to its excellent location, smart infrastructure and robust investment opportunities.
Boasting of a hyper-urban look, Gurgaon is in the league of the fastest-growing cities in the world. Realtors have thus come up with exclusive residences mirroring the futuristic character of the city to cater to the aspirations of millennials and Gen Z folks who have a desire to make this city their home.
For those mulling an investment in this Gen-Next City, here are some things to take note of before finalizing a deal.
What is the cost of living in Gurugram?
If you are an average family living on a budget, the expenses would amount to 10-15 lakhs after taxes depending on the location.
For families looking to live the plush life, the expenses hover in the range of 15-22 lakhs after tax.
An extravagant lifestyle with the comforts and pleasures under the sun will take your expenses from 25-40 lakhs, tax included.
|Apartments Rental in Gurgaon||Price (Rs)|
|1 BHK||₹10000 – ₹15000|
|2 BHK||₹15000 – ₹25,000|
|3 BHK||₹20,000 – ₹30,000|
|Rentals in Posh Areas of Gurgaon||Price (Rs)|
|1 BHK||₹15,000 – ₹25,000|
|2 BHK||₹20,000 – ₹30,000|
|3 BHK||₹35,000 – ₹80,000|
|Accommodation||6,000 – 15,000||9,000 – 30,000||10,000 – 50,000|
|Groceries||2,000 – 3000||2,000 – 4,500||4,000 – 15,000|
|Transport||1,500 – 3,500||2,000 – 4,000||3,000 – 7,000|
|Utilities||500 – 1,500||2,000 – 4,000||3,000 – 8,000|
|Entertainment||4,000 – 8,000||4,000 – 10,000||3,000 – 8,000|
|Shopping||2,000 – 5,000||4,000 – 8,000||5,500 – 12,500|
|Kids Schooling||Nil||Nil||3,000 – 20,000|
Best Residential localities to stay in Gurgaon
|Affordable Localities in Gurgaon||Posh Localities in Gurgaon|
|Sector 47||Golf Course Extension Road|
|Sector 49||DLF Phase I|
|Sector 23||DLF Phase II|
|Sector 57||DLF Phase III,IV,V|
|Sohna Road||MG Road|
|Sector 82||Sushant Lok 1,2|
|South City 1,2|
Ready Reckoner Rates in Gurgaon
Gurgaon has been the favoured destination for mid and upper ticket housing units. The burgeoning corporate hub has fuelled the demand for housing. The market is transparent and despite prices falling by 7% in the last five years, things have started improving at a good pace from 2019. Real estate experts say that Gurgaon will take a lead in affordable housing as a lot of projects are being launched in this segment. This will fuel property prices in the region.
|Locality||Property Price (2019) Oct-Dec||Property Price (2020) Jan-Mar|
|DLF City Phase I||7,889-12,008||7,840-10,866|
|DLF City Phase II||10,117-13,916||10,055-13,202|
|DLF City Phase III||9,541-13,502||9,449-13-170|
|DLF City Phase IV||9,687-11,910||9,518-11,504|
|DLF City Phase V||10,366-13,899||10,365-13,802|
|Golf Course Road||9,264-15,270||9,259-14,100|
|Golf Course Extension Road||7,045-10,396||6,953-10,595|
|South City 1||8,752-12,386||8,432-12,525|
|Southern Peripheral Road||5,531-8,336||5,515-8,215|
|Sushant Lok 1||6,714-9,631||6,105-9,356|
What are the best areas for property investment in Gurgaon?
- Dwarka Expressway: Dwarka Expressway, also known as Northern Peripheral Expressway, is one of the most sought-after locations in Gurgaon. The 27.6 kms stretch will serve as an alternate connector between Delhi and Gurgaon. Excellent connectivity, good social infrastructure nearby and availability of land have made it a hot bed for real estate investment. Popular residential locations in the area include sectors 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 109, 110A, 111, 112 and 113.
- Sohna Road: Located in Sohna which is home to historical landmarks, hot springs and lakes, Sohna Road is the next residential hub in Gurgaon. Sohna Road is well connected to major corporate and business hubs along with industrial zones. The Gurgaon Railway Station, IGI Airport and Huda City Centre Metro can be easily accessed from this area. Affordability and attractive returns have fuelled residential investment in the area. Many developers including Godrej have come up with apartments, villas and penthouses at affordable rates here.
- Golf Course Extension Road: The Golf Course Extension Road is a nice investment option for those looking to live close to posh areas of Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 5. Well connected to Cyber City and corporate parks on Golf Couse Road through Rapid metro, the location is just 27 kms away from IGI airport. In recent years, property prices have seen an uptick owing to its existing and upcoming social infrastructure. The Golf Course Extension Road has residential projects catering to all walks of life, from apartments and villas to duplexes and suites.
- New Gurgaon: Strategically located between Delhi and Manesar, New Gurgaon is a rapidly developing real estate destination. With prominent colleges like GD Goenka, Amity University and BML Munjal University in the location, direct connectivity to NH-8, 25 minutes from IGI airport and 20 mins from DLF Cyber City, this region creates a perfect ecosystem for investment. Since the region is quiet and has good green cover unlike the rest of Gurgaon, it will pull homebuyers looking to get respite from the hustle and bustle of the central city. The upcoming Delhi-Gurugram RRTS Corridor will boost connectivity to the region and attract working-class population to invest in this area.
Best Tips for right Property Investment in Gurgaon
- Identify location potential: Gurgaon is on the cusp of a residential and infrastructural boom. Millennium City is gradually saturated, it is the place where the property is located is essential to identify potential. Sohna Road and Dwarka Expressway are two locations that possess superb capital appreciation characteristics. The areas are also well-connected to prime locations in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- Development plans in the vicinity: If you have earmarked a project in a locality, look out for future development plans in the area. Social infrastructural developments go a long way in boosting the liveability index of the area and amplify property prices. As they always invest in assets selected by reputed builders of the project after the plans are careful research in the field.
- Go for a reputed builder: At Gurgaon, you’ll find projects coming up in every nook and cranny of the city. Homebuying is a one-time investment involving a lifetime of savings. So, it is important that you go for a builder of repute to save yourself from future property hassles. Godrej, Shapoorji Pallonji, Emaar, DLF, Hero Homes, M3M are some of the names to look out for. Quality construction and timely delivery are some facets that go well with reputed builders.
Is buying Residential apartments in Gurgaon a good bet?
- Business and Social Infrastructure: Gurgaon is one of the best corporate hubs in India. In almost all Silicon Valley strategic places in companies, Gurgaon ,, put a grand Business Park City roots in offices and support so it is a hive for job creation. The city boasts of the finest restaurants, malls, educational institutions and transport infrastructure, made on par with European standards.
- Unrivalled residential projects: Ask anyone in Gurgaon and they will say their living standards are a class apart. The city population has a sophisticated lifestyle with breathtakingly beautiful residential estates having extensive green zones, walkways, paths and gardens. The residential options come with loads of lifestyle & healthcare features and relaxation zones. The residential projects are developed strategically so that residents can seamlessly touch important points of the city.
- Connectivity: Gurgaon is a commuter’s paradise. The city has a robust transport network with excellent road infrastructure and metro connectivity to strategic points of the city. Upcoming metro projects will further connect the outskirts of the city to its transport network. The seamless link with Delhi is an added boost for people looking for a home in the Millennium City.