Innovative home bar ideas are a must for sprucing up your living room or any other zone where you wish to set up a bar for entertaining friends and family alike. After all, there are innumerable kinds of home bar designs that are highly acclaimed today. Going bar or lounge hopping may seem fun on certain weekends but it starts tiring you out after a certain point in time. You will ultimately feel jaded, tired, and too relaxed at home to venture outdoors on all weekends or special occasions. This will then call for more relaxed outings at home with friends or family members for the company. If not anybody then just you and your loved ones or you yourself, unwinding with a drink in comfy casual clothing. Nothing works better than a suitable home bar for entertaining guests while recreating the feel of a mini lounge or bar within the comfort of your own home itself.
There are several options available if you are searching for a suitable mini bar design at home or likewise. All you need to do is follow the given tips and life will be a whole new party once again!
House Bar Design Tips- The Power of ‘Feel’
When it comes to your house bar design, there are certain tips that you can follow for unleashing the sheer power of ’feel’ into any space. These include the following:
- Mirror backsplashes- Wine fridges placed symmetrically are pleasing to the eye and greatly at that! They are also located strategically for optimizing usage of smaller spaces. Smokey and lovely mirrored backsplashes infuse the right kind of sophistication and formal elegance into any home bar space. You will find tons of inspiration online by way of designs and looks.
- Customization of Storage Space- Another great way to infuse feel into any space is to customize your storage shelves for the home bar. You will find several ideas for building little nooks in the corner with in-built shelves, floating shelves, or the like. You can also have a mini-fridge that remains hidden anywhere in the living or dining area likewise. This creates a nicely secretive feel.
- Real Feel- Real feel means making your home bar unit look just as real as a regular outdoor bar would be. You can opt for a swankier home bar if your budget is on the higher side. Go for elaborately inlaid design patterns with richer textures and more vibrant hues likewise.
House Bar Design Tips- The Power of Positioning
- Strategic placement- The golden rule behind successful bar designs for living rooms or kitchens is strategic positioning. If it is the latter, then ensure that you choose the right spot for placement. The home bar can be positioned near the dining area, making it easier to shuttle across whenever you are entertaining guests.
- Decking up the pantry- If you have anything that resembles a pantry zone for your house-help or butler, you can use this area for your home bar. You can create a classic and bright zone with suitable printed wallpaper, display cabinets, and fresh coats of white paint.
- Integrate spare shelves- You can do up the shelves with books on cocktail recipes along with artwork and plants for adding newer dimensions to the area. The dark and sleek bar stools will help create an edgier look against a backdrop in marble if that is fine with you!
House Bar Design Tips- The Power of Design
- Club-esque vibes- Create a retro club vibe for bar unit designs by infusing luxe upholstery, cheetah, or animal print flooring and artwork. The painted brick theme can be used for a warehouse-like aesthetic while the striped fabric will infuse a more traditional and retro feel into space.
- Use Cabinets- You can choose a good bar cabinet design for your home in this regard. You can use a sophisticated and plush cabinet with swinging doors for setting up your home bar.
- Use Closets- While you may be searching for conventional home bar counter designs, you should know that closets also make for viable options. You can neatly tuck the home bar behind the closet door while lining the back with wallpaper that looks pretty as well. This will blend neatly with the remainder of the room when the door stays open. A wine fridge will always be a must in this zone.
- Choose the right layout- Ensure that your bar area stays exposed to any living space to help you entertain and socialize freely. There should be a sense of dramatic flair and intrigue for demarcating the layout while showcasing your personality at the same time.
- Transform the dining zone- Create a home bar in your basement or any such storage space at home if you have one. Whenever there is any such room, you can use a skylight as well. This will create a romantic and formal feel owing to the warmer brown accents with sprinkles of gold.
- Create a complete bar- You can have a smartly built full-fledged bar in the room for playing billiards, making it a great place for unwinding with friends and entertaining guests.
House Bar Design Tips- The Power of Disguise
- Consoles- You can have a neatly disguised bar console for your home bar. You can have a neatly disguised console that is otherwise invisible but flips out to reveal your collection of bottles and glasses.
- Appliances- You can match the mini-fridge to cabinets for disguising the same. You can also have romantic prints for a little demarcation and for guests to get the hint!
Home Bar Ideas for Everyone
- Bar Carts- You can do up a bar cart which is possibly the simplest idea of all! Have one with bold accents in brass and a curvaceous texture to draw attention.
- Wallpaper- Have personalized metallic wallpaper as the backdrop for a more intimate and charming home bar. You can have black marble used for the bar counter surface along with accompanying stained wood cabinets.
- Wine Cellars- You can build a wine cellar alongside the home bar cabinet. This will create a more traditional yet modern look overall.
- Accouterments- Show off your collection of accessories with your home bar. A cigar box, cigar holder, funky cigarette lighters, ashtrays, unique glasses- the list is endless!
- Matching the room- Matching the room and home bar is the easiest fix. Whatever color theme you have inside the living or dining area, simply have a bar cabinet showcasing the same color to look bigger and almost chameleon-esque!
- Trays- Do not have space for a proper bar? Try one of the simplest home bar designs which is a serving tray positioned on a console table in the living room for a makeshift bar at home. Use lovely decanters and glass bottles here with glasses for company.
- Speakeasy Mini Bars- You can use a speakeasy theme for your minibar. Have two doors that otherwise remain closed for saving space while opening up swiftly to reveal a spacious collection of bottles inside.
- Gold accents- You can have a few accents in gold for decking up your home bar spectacularly in turn.
- Mirrors- Simply hang a mirror over the home bar console or counter. This will lend it a more sophisticated and swanky vibe in turn.
- Multi-purpose units- The home bar unit can have storage at the top or bottom for things like shoes, apparel, accessories, and a whole lot more.
Innovative House Bar Designs
- Mirrored tile backsplashes help in maximizing overall brightness while enabling a disco-like look, complete with hanging lights.
- Task lighting helps in creating a sleek look for your home bar.
- Illumination from the floor is another good idea for wooden shelves on your home bar.
- Create your home bar in one portion of a bookcase or throw in a few books in the storage area while hiding a mini-fridge alongside as well.
- Vertical space can be used for your home bar. Keep it next to a small sitting zone for the actual bar vibe. Use vertical space for storing liquor bottles and other bar accessories. Floating shelves work well in this regard.
- Use a kitchen counter portion as the home bar. Add shelves on the wall for catering to your storage needs.
Creating a Wet/Standalone Bar
Home bar ideas are not just restricted to the design touches or materials. The type of bar also matters immensely here.
- Wet Bars- If you wish to add a customized home bar, ensure that it contains all the essentials that you require. A home bar can have ample cabinetry along with shelves for your collection, hidden storage, and more. This is a permanent type of bar for the home. A sink can be infused within the design as well.
- Standalone Bars- If you desire something which feels solid without going into extensive renovation work, you can check out standalone shelves that pair well with the cabinets at home. This will offer a dedicated zone for your collection of spirits.
Some other home bar thoughts
- A place to keep champagne glasses is essential.
- A good home bar will have numerous shelves where you can put down your glasses and beverages.
- You can have a set-in wall counter and designs such as these will ensure a good space for parties and snacks.
- Wine racks are invaluable additions to home bars. You can view a cubby system that holds wine right above the counter. The home bar comes with a dark and sleek design that functions well in contemporary spaces. White countertops look nice in a contrasting manner.
Home Bar Design Ideas- What else can you do?
Home bar ideas are greatly subjective; you can do a lot of things to experiment and innovate in this regard. Homes with minimalistic designs would do well to opt for a hidden home bar as well. You can nestle a small bar right behind folding doors in this regard. The placement will help in accessing bottles and glasses quickly even within smaller spaces.
You can also opt for a temporarily set up yet classy choice. Stand-alone trays may be used on countertops with accents such as potted plants or accompanying décor pieces alongside. Tray bars will help accessibility throughout the house and you can have snack trays placed along the walls as well. You can then fold them up when they are not required for getting right back into storage. Create a charmingly rustic space with a television for the company. A natural wood-textured wall is a great idea right behind a bar zone at home. You can have a shade around the TV which houses the bar inside. So much for disguise!
How do I turn my cabinet into a bar?
You can use more shelves for storing bottles, have dedicated wine racks, and even a mini-fridge.
What can I put under my stairs?
You can have a small mini bar cabinet integrated under the staircase along with a mini-fridge.
What are the benefits of portable mini bars?
The key advantages will include saving more space and getting a good storage for your barware and bottles in the bargain. Also, these are durable and built to last while being non-intrusive additions to any space.
What is the best design of a portable mini bar?
There are varying designs for portable mini bars today. The best designs are those with optimum storage space, neatly folding doors, and harmony with the décor theme of the room in question.
How do you decorate the area under stairs?
You can opt for a wooden or metallic themed hidden cabinet under the stairs with accents over it. This can open into a spacious area for storing wine bottles or even a wine chiller!
How to decorate a folding mini bar?
You can do up a folding mini-bar with gold or silver accents on top and similar design touches.